The Calabar Youth Council for Women’s Rights in partnership with Voice of Reason and BlankPaperz, on the 2nd of April 2017, hosted a public speaking g competition for Nigerian University students on the theme: “Education eradicates Gender Violence”. The aim of this tournament was to get Nigerian students converse with, and engage on the subject matter of gender-based violence in all forms it takes in the Nigerian society. The significance of the problem requires urgent action that begins with the youths. The following Universities participated at the competition:
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- University of Calabar, Calabar.
- AfeBabalola University, Ado-Ekiti
- Micheal Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike.
- University of Ilorin
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- University of Medical Scences, Ondo State.
- Voice of Reason Movement
Olga Chiazo, a 3rd year student of Law from Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti, won the competition, while Eze Nwakuba from Michael Okpara University and Akah Augustine from University of Calabar, placed 2nd and third respectively. We look forward to the next edition of the competition, which will be BIGGER and BETTER, quantitatively and qualitatively!